Install Hadoop plugin
The next step is to install and check the Hadoop plugin for eclipse.
- Open the new Cygwin window. And execute the following commands
explorer .Navigate to Hadoop eclipse plugin folder
- Shrink the newly popped window and move it to the right side of the screen.
- Open another explorer window, either through "My Computer" icon or by using the "Start -> Run" menu. Navigate to your Eclipse installation and then open the "plugin" folder of your Eclipse installation.
- Copy the file "hadoop-0.19.1-eclipse-plugin.jar, from the Hadoop eclipse plugin folder to the Eclipse plugins folder. As shown on the figure below.
Copy Hadoop Eclipse Plugin
- Close both explorer windows
- Start Eclipse
- Click on the open perspective icon , which is usually located in the upper-right corner the eclipse application. Then select Other from the menu.
- Select Map/Reduce from the list of perspectives and press "OK" button.
- As a result you IDE should open a new perspective that looks similar to the image below.
Example of using ssh-host-setup
Now that the we installed and configured hadoop cluster and eclipse plugin i's a time to test the setup by running a simple project.
If you have questions comments suggestions regarding this tutorial you can post them here or you can write me an email to tutorials AT v-lad.org.