I noticed in Seth Ladd’s Semergence blog that the next version of Oracle’s RDF Database (11g) is expected to have native inferencing for a subset of OWL. This is in addition to faster querying and bulk-loading and “new SQL operators for enhancing a relational query using an ontology”. See this thread in Oracle’s Semantic Technologies Forum.
According to a recent presentation on 10g, the native OWL inferencing will include:
- Basics: class, subclass, property, subproperty, domain,
- Property Characteristics: transitive, symmetric, functional, inverse functional, inverse
- Class comparisons: equivalence, disjointness
- Property comparisons: equivalence
- Individual comparisons: same, different
- Class expressions: complement
We’ve not yet tried 10g, but it’s on our short list of things to do. I guess this task just moved up in the list.