NSF is sponsoring a workshop on next generation data mining and cyber-enabled discovery for innovation 10-12 October 2007 in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
“This National Science Foundation workshop on Next Generation Data Mining and Cyber Enabled Discovery for Innovation (NGDMâ€™07) will bring together data mining researchers, scientists, and engineers from a diverse background along with domain experts for various emerging problems that are relevant to Cyber Enabled Discovery for Innovation (CDI). The objective is to enhance the understanding of the research problems and facilitate creating an environment for better understanding the challenges in front of the data mining and the CDI community.”
The workshop will focus on five areas
- Data mining in e-science and engineering
- Media, pervasive computing, and ubiquitous data mining
- Data mining in security surveillance, and privacy protection
- Social science, finance, digital humanities, and data mining
- The Web, semantics, and data mining
and seeks submissions of relevant five page extended abstract from data mining researchers and practitioners by 3 September 2007.