Biography: Evelyne Viegas is a Senior Research Program Manager in the External Research Group at Microsoft Research (in Redland), where she is responsible for Microsoft’s search and semantic computing initiatives. Prior to her present role, she led the efforts that delivered natural language processing components for MSN, Office, and Windows. Before Microsoft, and after completing her Ph.D. in France, she worked as a Principal Investigator at the Computing Research Laboratory in New Mexico on an ontology-based Machine Translation project.
5 Refereed Publications
1. Palanivel Andiappan Kodeswaran et al., "Towards a privacy preserving policy based infrastructure for social data access to enable scientific research", InProceedings, Eighth Annual Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust, August 2010.
2. Palanivel Andiappan Kodeswaran et al., "A Policy Based Infrastructure for Social Data Access with Privacy Guarantees", InProceedings, Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks, July 2010, 3233 downloads.
3. Zareen Syed et al., "A Hybrid Approach to Unsupervised Relation Discovery Based on Linguistic Analysis and Semantic Typing", InProceedings, Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Formalisms and Methodology for Learning by Reading , June 2010, 1290 downloads.
4. Zareen Syed et al., "Automatic Discovery of Semantic Relations using MindNet", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, May 2010, 1768 downloads.
5. Palanivel Andiappan Kodeswaran et al., "Applying Differential Privacy to Search Queries in a Policy Based Interactive Framework", InProceedings, ACM International Workshop on Privacy and Annonymity for Very Large Datasets, November 2009, 1999 downloads.