Secondary Role: Ph.D. AlumnusGraduation date: December 2008
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Department: Research and Technology Development Center
City: LaurelPhone: (443) 778-3816
Fax: (443) 778-6904
Biography: I am a member of the Research and Technology Development Center at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL). My group, the System and Information Sciences Group, performs works in applied computer science and has interests in distributed information access, human language technologies (e.g., information retrieval & information extraction), video surveillance, probabilistic inference and reasoning, and advanced software engineering. My technical interests are in human language technologies, especially cross-language information retrieval, and information extraction (mining information from unstructured text).
11 Refereed Publications
1. Travis Wolfe et al., "Interactive Knowledge Base Population", Proceedings, arXiv:1506.00301 [cs.AI], May 2015, 19 downloads.
2. James Mayfield et al., "KELVIN: Extracting Knowledge from Large Text Collections", InProceedings, AAAI Fall Symposium on Natural Language Access to Big Data, November 2014, 170 downloads.
3. Tim Finin et al., " Hot Stuff at Cold Start: HLTCOE participation at TAC 2014", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 7th Text Analysis Conference, October 2014, 19 downloads.
4. Paul McNamee et al., "HLTCOE Participation at TAC 2013", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Sixth Text Analysis Conference, November 2013, 191 downloads.
5. Dawn Lawrie et al., "Comparing and Evaluating Semantic Data Automatically Extracted from Text,", InProceedings, AAAI 2013 Fall Symposium on Semantics for Big Data, November 2013, 329 downloads.
6. Paul McNamee et al., "KELVIN: a tool for automated knowledge base construction", InProceedings, Proc. Conf. of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies, June 2013, 398 downloads.
7. Lushan Han et al., "Improving Word Similarity by Augmenting PMI with Estimates of Word Polysemy", Article, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), June 2013, 1290 downloads.
8. Paul McNamee et al., "HLTCOE Participation at TAC 2012: Entity Linking and Cold Start Knowledge Base Construction", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Fifth Text Analysis Conference (TAC 2012), November 2012, 328 downloads.
9. Mark Dredze et al., "Entity Disambiguation for Knowledge Base Population", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Computational Linguistics, August 2010, 1001 downloads.
10. Paul McNamee et al., "HLTCOE Approaches to Knowledge Base Population at TAC 2009", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 2009 Text Analysis Conference, November 2009, 577 downloads.
11. Tim Finin et al., "Using Wikitology for Cross-Document Entity Coreference Resolution", InProceedings, Proceedings of the AAAI Spring Symposium on Learning by Reading and Learning to Read, March 2009, 1821 downloads.
1 Non-Refereed Publication
1. Lushan Han et al., "Improving Word Similarity by Augmenting PMI with Estimates of Word Polysemy", TechReport, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, June 2011.
Paul McNamee is associated with 1 project: