Primary Role:Ph.D. StudentGraduation date: November 2013
Department: Computer Science
City: BaltimoreCountry: USA
Blog URL: http://varishm.wordpress.com/
Varish Mulwad is a PhD Candidate in Computer at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County under the guidance of Dr. Tim Finin. His research interests include The Semantic Web, Linked Data, Information Extraction / Text Analysis and Machine Learning. His research projects till date have broadly focused on extracting information and adding semantics to unstructured or semi-structured data.
His PhD dissertation research focuses on system to infer the intended meaning of tables by jointly inferring the semantics of column headers, table cell values (e.g., strings and numbers), and relations between columns, augmented with background knowledge from open data sources such as the Linked Open Data cloud. The framework maps columns to classes from an appropriate ontology, links cell values to literal constants or entities in the linked data cloud (existing or new) and discovers or and identifies relations between columns. The interpreted meaning is represented as machine understandable linked RDF assertions. Read More Here
Varish obtained his Masters in Computer Science at UMBC in 2010 and a Bachelors in Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from University of Mumbai in 2008. Varish also obtained industry experience during his summer internships with Microsoft – Bing (2011) and Microsoft Research (2012)
Links : Linkedin profile | Twitter (@varish) | About.Me | Google Scholar (papers and citation data)
Varish Mulwad has 11 authored publications: Hide the list...
11 Refereed Publications
1. Varish Mulwad et al., "Semantic Message Passing for Generating Linked Data from Tables", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 12th International Semantic Web Conference, October 2013, 457 downloads.
2. Varish Mulwad et al., "A Domain Independent Framework for Extracting Linked Semantic Data from Tables", InCollection, Search Computing - Broadening Web Search, July 2012, 507 downloads.
3. Varish Mulwad et al., "Automatically Generating Government Linked Data from Tables", InCollection, Working notes of AAAI Fall Symposium on Open Government Knowledge: AI Opportunities and Challenges, November 2011, 884 downloads.
4. Varish Mulwad, "DC Proposal: Graphical Models and Probabilistic Reasoning for Generating Linked Data from Tables", InProceedings, Proceedings of Tenth International Semantic Web Conference, Part II, October 2011, 709 downloads.
5. Varish Mulwad et al., "Generating Linked Data by Inferring the Semantics of Tables", InProceedings, Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Searching and Integrating New Web Data Sources, September 2011, 849 downloads.
6. Varish Mulwad et al., "Extracting Information about Security Vulnerabilities from Web Text", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Web Intelligence for Information Security Workshop, August 2011, 1451 downloads.
7. Varish Mulwad et al., "Using linked data to interpret tables", InProceedings, Proceedings of the the First International Workshop on Consuming Linked Data, November 2010, 1078 downloads.
8. Varish Mulwad et al., "T2LD: Interpreting and Representing Tables as Linked Data ", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Poster and Demonstration Session at the 9th International Semantic Web Conference, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, November 2010, 1539 downloads.
9. Varish Mulwad, "T2LD - An automatic framework for extracting, interpreting and representing tables as Linked Data", MastersThesis, UMBC, August 2010, 1213 downloads.
10. Zareen Syed et al., "Exploiting a Web of Semantic Data for Interpreting Tables", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Second Web Science Conference, April 2010, 2357 downloads.
11. Varish Mulwad et al., "Semantic Message Passing for Generating Linked Data from Tables", InProceedings, under review, November 1999.
Varish Mulwad is associated with 2 projects: Hide the list...