Results for tags: social media
27 Refereed Publications
1. "CyberTwitter: Using Twitter to generate alerts for Cybersecurity Threats and Vulnerabilities", International Symposium on Foundations of Open Source Intelligence and Security Informatics, August 2016, 628 downloads.
2. "Other Times, Other Values: Leveraging Attribute History to Link User Profiles across Online Social Networks", Proceedings of the 26th ACM Conference on Hypertext & Social Media (HT15), August 2015, 201 downloads.
3. "@I seek 'fb.me': Identifying Users across Multiple Online Social Networks", Second International Workshop on Web of Linked Entities (WoLE), May 2013, 1034 downloads.
4. "Faking Sandy: Characterizing and Identifying Fake Images on Twitter during Hurricane Sandy", Second International Workshop on Privacy and Security in Online Social Media (PSOSM), May 2013, 1649 downloads.
5. "Identifying and characterizing user communities on Twitter during crisis events", Proceedings of the 2012 workshop on Data-driven user behavioral modelling and mining from social media, October 2012, 753 downloads.
6. "Content-based prediction of temporal boundaries for events in Twitter", Proceedings of the Third IEEE International Conference on Social Computing, October 2011, 1071 downloads.
7. "Integrating Linked Open Data with Unstructured Text for Intelligence Gathering Tasks", Proceedings of the Eighth International Workshop on Information Integration on the Web, March 2011, 1006 downloads.
8. "Computing FOAF Co-reference Relations with Rules and Machine Learning", Proceedings of the Third International Workshop on Social Data on the Web, November 2010, 2679 downloads, 6 citations.
9. "Improving Accuracy of Named Entity Recognition on Social Media Data", University of Maryland, Baltimore County, August 2010, 4033 downloads, 3 citations.
10. "A Policy Based Infrastructure for Social Data Access with Privacy Guarantees", Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks, July 2010, 3060 downloads, 6 citations.
11. "Annotating named entities in Twitter data with crowdsourcing", Proceedings of the NAACL Workshop on Creating Speech and Text Language Data With Amazon's Mechanical Turk, June 2010, 1656 downloads.
12. "The Geolocation of Web Logs from Textual Clues", Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, August 2009, 876 downloads, 2 citations.
13. "The ICWSM 2009 Spinn3r Dataset", Third Annual Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2009), May 2009, 24 citations.
14. "Geolocating Blogs From Their Textual Content", Working Notes of the AAAI Spring Symposium on Social Semantic Web: Where Web 2.0 Meets Web 3.0, March 2009, 3064 downloads, 1 citation.
15. "Mining Social Media Communities and Content", University of Maryland, Baltimore County, December 2008, 52341 downloads.
16. "The Information ecology of social media and online communities", AI Magazine, September 2008, 5207 downloads, 11 citations.
17. "Detecting Commmunities via Simultaneous Clustering of Graphs and Folksonomies", Proceedings of the Tenth Workshop on Web Mining and Web Usage Analysis (WebKDD), August 2008, 5006 downloads, 5 citations.
18. "Blog Link Classification", Proceedings of the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2008), March 2008, 578 downloads, 1 citation.
19. "Detecting Spam Blogs: An Adaptive Online Approach", Ph.D. Dissertation, December 2007, 6676 downloads, 3 citations.
20. "Web 2.0 Mining: Analyzing Social Media", Proceedings of the NSF Symposium on Next Generation of Data Mining and Cyber-Enabled Discovery for Innovation, October 2007, 4537 downloads, 5 citations.
21. "Why We Twitter: Understanding Microblogging Usage and Communities", Procedings of the Joint 9th WEBKDD and 1st SNA-KDD Workshop 2007, August 2007, 43693 downloads, 342 citations.
22. "Adding Semantics to Social Websites for Citizen Science", Proceedings of the Workshop on Semantic e-Science (AAAI 07), June 2007, 4546 downloads, 3 citations.
23. "Towards Spam Detection at Ping Servers", Proceedings of the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2007), March 2007, 1926 downloads, 5 citations.
24. "BlogVox: Separating Blog Wheat from Blog Chaff", Proceedings of the Workshop on Analytics for Noisy Unstructured Text Data, 20th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-2007), January 2007, 2835 downloads, 8 citations.
25. "Blog Track Open Task: Spam Blog Classification", TREC 2006 Blog Track Notebook, November 2006, 6863 downloads, 11 citations.
26. "Detecting Spam Blogs: A Machine Learning Approach", Proceedings of the 21st National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2006), July 2006, 9660 downloads, 75 citations.
27. "Characterizing the Splogosphere", Proceedings of the 3rd Annual Workshop on Weblogging Ecosystem: Aggregation, Analysis and Dynamics, 15th World Wid Web Conference, May 2006, 6298 downloads, 84 citations.
1 Non-Refereed Publication
1. "On Modeling Trust in Social Media using Link Polarity", University of Maryland, Baltimore County, May 2007, 2472 downloads.
Presentation1. Coarse and Fine Grained Sentiment Analysis of Online Text
2. Constraining Information Flow in Social Networks with Privacy Policies
3. Context-Aware Privacy Policies in Mobile and Social Computing
4. Finding knowledge, data and answers on the Semantic Web
Poster1. ICWSM 2008 Poster
Presentation1. Negotiating Privacy, Boundaries and Visibility in a Networked World: Why We Need to Move Beyond Opt-in vs. Opt-Out
Brochure1. Planet Social Media Research Pamphlet
Presentation1. The Social Semantic Web
2. Trust, Influence andBias in Social Media
Poster1. Wikipedia as an ontology
1. MS defense: Social Media Analytics: Digital Footprints
2. Social Media Analytics: Digital Footprints
3. Privacy and Security in Online Social Media
4. Analytics for Detecting Web and Social Media Abuse
5. Negotiating Privacy, Boundaries and Visibility in a Networked World: Why We Need to Move Beyond Opt-in vs. Opt-Out
6. Social media analytics
7. Group Centric Information Sharing Model for Social Networks
8. Clustering short status messages: a topic model based approach
9. The Social Semantic Web
10. Improving Accuracy of Named Entity Recognition on Social Media Data
11. Collecting user annotations using Amazon Mechanical Turk and CrowdFlower
12. Understanding RSM: Relief Social Media
13. Constraining Information Flow in Social Networks with Privacy Policies
14. Mining Social Media Communities and Content
15. Communities in Social Media: Reflections on Semantics, Intention and Influence
16. Communities in Social Media: An Eyepiece into Context, User Intention and Influence
17. A Different Kind of Social Physics: Online Communities and the Revolution in the Architecture of Our Social Spaces
18. Gnizr: an open source social bookmarking application
19. Wikipedia as an ontology for describing documents
20. Detecting Spam Blogs: An Adaptive Online Approach
21. Detecting spam blogs (beta)
22. Modeling Trust and Influence on Blogosphere using Link Polarity
23. Modeling Trust and Influence in the Blogosphere Using Link Polarity
24. Tracking influence and opinions in social media
25. The Science of Interaction: A New NSF Initiative