The mobile app is available on the Android Market and on iTunes. You can pose queries to either by speaking or typing. The Android app uses Google’s ASR speech technology and the iTunes app uses Nuance.
- What is umbc’s address?
- How much does an elephant weigh?
- When was Barack Obama born?
- Was Barack Obama born in Kenya?
- Is the Nile river longer than the Mississippi river?
- What causes AIDS?
- Who won the academy award for best actor in 1971?
- How old is the earth?
The Evi app has a number of additional features beyond the Web-based True Knowledge QA system and these wil probably be expanded on in the months to come.
See the Technology Review story, New Virtual Helper Challenges Siri, for more information.