Alumnus, Collaborator, Ph.D. Alumnus
Dr. Pearce is a Senior Cloud Strategist with the Department of Defense. Her research interests include Cloud Computing Services,
Databases, Information Retrieval, Text and Natural Language Processing, and Question/Answering
In 2014, Dr. Pearce was named UMBC’s Outstanding Alumna in Engineering and Information Technology. She holds an M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from UMBC, a B.S. in Mathematics and a M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the University of Florida. She is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and the ACM. She has worked as a computer scientist with the Federal Government for more than 30 years and academia for 10 years.
- S. Mittal, A. Gupta, K. P. Joshi, C. Pearce, and A. Joshi, "A Question and Answering System for Management of Cloud Service Level Agreements", InProceedings, IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing, June 2017, 427 downloads.
- K. P. Joshi, A. Gupta, S. Mittal, C. Pearce, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Semantic Approach to Automating Management of Big Data Privacy Policies", InProceedings, IEEE BigData 2016, December 2016, 990 downloads.
- K. P. Joshi, A. Gupta, S. Mittal, C. Pearce, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "ALDA : Cognitive Assistant for Legal Document Analytics", InProceedings, AAAI Fall Symposium 2016, September 2016, 583 downloads.
- A. Gupta, S. Mittal, K. P. Joshi, C. Pearce, and A. Joshi, "Streamlining Management of Multiple Cloud Services", InProceedings, IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing, June 2016, 727 downloads.
- S. Mittal, K. P. Joshi, C. Pearce, and A. Joshi, "Automatic Extraction of Metrics from SLAs for Cloud Service Management", InProceedings, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E 2016), April 2016, 759 downloads.
- S. Mittal, K. P. Joshi, C. Pearce, and A. Joshi, "Parallelizing Natural Language Techniques for Knowledge Extraction from Cloud Service Level Agreements", InProceedings, 2015 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, October 2015, 745 downloads.
- K. P. Joshi and C. Pearce, "Automating Cloud Service Level Agreements using Semantic Technologies", InProceedings, CLaw Workshop, IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E), March 2015, 829 downloads.
- ALDA: Automated Legal Document Analytics, Collaborator