Yannis K Labrou
Graduated in May 1997
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from UMBC (Tim Finin was my adviser). I also hold a Diploma in Physics from the University of Athens, Greece . I am currently a Member of Research Staff at Fujitsu Laboratories of America. My current research emphasis is in Pervasive Computing. Prior to Fujitsu Labs, I was the Director of Technology for PowerMarket Inc. PowerMarket was an enterprise application software, Silicon Valley-based, startup company with a supply chain application focus. PowerMarket raised $26.2 million in total capital from a number of individual and institutional investors, including Norwest Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, RRE Ventures, and RSA Ventures. In 2002, PowerMarket merged with Tradec Inc. In 2003 Tradec was acquired by Agile Software (NASDAQ: AGIL). Before PowerMarket, I was a Visiting Assistant Professor at the CSEE Dept. and at the Institute for Global Electronic Commerce ( IGEC ), at UMBC. Prior to joining UMBC I interned at IBM's T.J. Watson Research Center during which I primarily worked on agents .
- R. Masuoka, M. Chopra, Z. Song, Y. K. Labrou, L. Kagal, and T. Finin, "Policy-based Access Control for Task Computing Using Rei", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Policy Management for the Web Workshop, May 2005, 2520 downloads, 15 citations.
- R. S. Cost, Y. Chen, T. Finin, Y. K. Labrou, and Y. Peng, "Using Colored Petri Nets for Conversation Modeling", InBook, Agent Communication Languages, September 2000, 4582 downloads, 77 citations.
- R. S. Cost, Y. K. Labrou, and T. Finin, "Agent Communication Languages and Agent Coordination", InBook, Coordination of Internet Agents: Models, Technologies and Applications, July 2000, 2106 downloads, 1 citation.
- Y. K. Labrou and T. Finin, "History, State of the Art and Challenges for Agent Communication Languages", Article, Informatik/Informatique, January 2000, 2029 downloads, 9 citations.
- Y. K. Labrou, "Yahoo as an Ontology - using Yahoo categories to describe documents", InProceedings, ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'99), November 1999, 4017 downloads, 152 citations.
- R. S. Cost, Y. K. Labrou, X. Luan, Y. Peng, I. Soboroff, J. Mayfield, and A. Boughannam, "An Agent-based Infrastructure for Enterprise Integration", InProceedings, Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Agent Systems and Applications, October 1999, 1810 downloads, 23 citations.
- Y. Peng, H. Chen, L. Wang, Y. K. Labrou, and R. S. Cost, "An Agent System for Application Initialization in an Integrated Manufacturing Environment", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 3rd. World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics and The 5th. Int'l Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis (SCI'99/ISAS'99), August 1999, 2521 downloads, 5 citations.
- Y. K. Labrou, "Experiments on using Yahoo! categories to describe documents", InProceedings, Proceedings of the IJCAI99 Workshop on Intelligent Information Integration, July 1999, 1804 downloads, 2 citations.
- Y. Chen, Y. Peng, Y. K. Labrou, and R. S. Cost, "Negotiating agents for supply chain management", InProceedings, Proceedings of the AAAI Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Electronic Commerce, July 1999, 2285 downloads, 14 citations.
- R. S. Cost, T. Finin, Y. K. Labrou, X. Luan, Y. Peng, I. Soboroff, J. Mayfield, and A. Boughannam, "Agent development with Jackal", InProceedings, Third annual conference on Autonomous Agents, May 1999, 469 downloads.
- R. S. Cost, Y. Chen, T. Finin, Y. K. Labrou, and Y. Peng, "Modeling agent conversations with colored petri nets", InProceedings, Working notes of the Autonomous Agents '99 Workshop on Specifying and Implementing Conversation Policies, May 1999, 2448 downloads, 114 citations.
- Y. K. Labrou, T. Finin, and Y. Peng, "The current landscape of Agent Communication Languages", Article, IEEE Intelligent Systems, March 1999, 1826 downloads, 446 citations.
- Y. K. Labrou and Y. Peng, "The Interoperability Problem: Bringing together Mobile Agents and Agent Communication Languages,", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference On System Sciences, January 1999, 2132 downloads, 29 citations.
- Y. Peng, T. Finin, Y. K. Labrou, R. S. Cost, B. Chu, J. Long, J. Long, and A. Boughannam, "Agent-based approach for manufacturing integration: The CIIMPLEX experience", Article, Applied Artificial Intelligence , January 1999, 599 downloads.
- Y. Peng, T. Finin, Y. K. Labrou, B. Chu, J. Long, W. Tolone, and A. Boughannam, "A multi-agent system for enterprise integration", Article, International Journal of Agile Manufacturing, December 1998, 1740 downloads, 81 citations.
- R. S. Cost, Y. K. Labrou, X. Luan, Y. Peng, I. Soboroff, J. Mayfield, and A. Boughannam, "Jackal: a Java-based Tool for Agent Development", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Workshop on Tools for Agent Development, July 1998, 8883 downloads, 61 citations.
- Y. Peng and Y. K. Labrou, "Mobile agents can benefit from standards efforts on interagent communication", Article, IEEE Communications Magazine, July 1998, 1759 downloads, 26 citations.
- Y. K. Labrou and T. Finin, "Semantics for an Agent Communication Language", PhdThesis, UMBC, August 1996, 234 citations.
- T. Finin, Y. K. Labrou, and J. Mayfield, "Evaluating KQML as an agent communication language", InBook, Intelligent Agents II -- Agent Theories, Architectures, and Languages, January 1996, 1767 downloads, 47 citations.
- J. Mayfield, Y. K. Labrou, and T. Finin, "Evaluation of KQML as an Agent Communication Language", InCollection, Intelligent Agents Volume II - 1995 Workshop on Agent Theories, Architectures and Languages, January 1996.