Yannis K Labrou
Primary Role:AlumnusGraduation date: May 1997
Fujitsu laboratories of AMerica
Biography: I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from UMBC (Tim Finin was my adviser). I also hold a Diploma in Physics from the University of Athens, Greece . I am currently a Member of Research Staff at Fujitsu Laboratories of America. My current research emphasis is in Pervasive Computing. Prior to Fujitsu Labs, I was the Director of Technology for PowerMarket Inc. PowerMarket was an enterprise application software, Silicon Valley-based, startup company with a supply chain application focus. PowerMarket raised $26.2 million in total capital from a number of individual and institutional investors, including Norwest Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, RRE Ventures, and RSA Ventures. In 2002, PowerMarket merged with Tradec Inc. In 2003 Tradec was acquired by Agile Software (NASDAQ: AGIL). Before PowerMarket, I was a Visiting Assistant Professor at the CSEE Dept. and at the Institute for Global Electronic Commerce ( IGEC ), at UMBC. Prior to joining UMBC I interned at IBM's T.J. Watson Research Center during which I primarily worked on agents .
20 Refereed Publications
1. Ryusuke Masuoka et al., "Policy-based Access Control for Task Computing Using Rei ", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Policy Management for the Web Workshop, May 2005, 2453 downloads.
2. R. Scott Cost et al., "Using Colored Petri Nets for Conversation Modeling", InBook, Agent Communication Languages, September 2000, 4440 downloads.
3. R. Scott Cost et al., "Agent Communication Languages and Agent Coordination", InBook, Coordination of Internet Agents: Models, Technologies and Applications, July 2000, 1960 downloads.
4. Yannis K Labrou et al., "History, State of the Art and Challenges for Agent Communication Languages", Article, Informatik/Informatique, January 2000, 1965 downloads.
5. Yannis K Labrou, "Yahoo as an Ontology - using Yahoo categories to describe documents", InProceedings, ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'99), November 1999, 3895 downloads.
6. R. Scott Cost et al., "An Agent-based Infrastructure for Enterprise Integration", InProceedings, Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Agent Systems and Applications, October 1999, 1748 downloads.
7. Yun Peng et al., "An Agent System for Application Initialization in an Integrated Manufacturing Environment", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 3rd. World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics and The 5th. Int'l Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis (SCI'99/ISAS'99), August 1999, 2462 downloads.
8. Yannis K Labrou et al., "Experiments on using Yahoo! categories to describe documents", InProceedings, Proceedings of the IJCAI99 Workshop on Intelligent Information Integration, July 1999, 1754 downloads.
9. Ye Chen et al., "Negotiating agents for supply chain management", InProceedings, Proceedings of the AAAI Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Electronic Commerce, July 1999, 2094 downloads.
10. R. Scott Cost et al., "Agent development with Jackal", InProceedings, Third annual conference on Autonomous Agents, May 1999, 411 downloads.
11. R. Scott Cost et al., "Modeling agent conversations with colored petri nets", InProceedings, Working notes of the Autonomous Agents '99 Workshop on Specifying and Implementing Conversation Policies, May 1999, 2248 downloads.
12. Yannis K Labrou et al., "The current landscape of Agent Communication Languages", Article, IEEE Intelligent Systems, March 1999, 1764 downloads.
13. Yannis K Labrou et al., "The Interoperability Problem: Bringing together Mobile Agents and Agent Communication Languages,", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference On System Sciences, January 1999, 2055 downloads.
14. Yun Peng et al., "Agent-based approach for manufacturing integration: The CIIMPLEX experience", Article, Applied Artificial Intelligence , January 1999, 555 downloads.
15. Yun Peng et al., "A multi-agent system for enterprise integration", Article, International Journal of Agile Manufacturing, December 1998, 1683 downloads.
16. R. Scott Cost et al., "Jackal: a Java-based Tool for Agent Development", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Workshop on Tools for Agent Development, July 1998, 8559 downloads.
17. "Mobile agents can benefit from standards efforts on interagent communication", Article, IEEE Communications Magazine, July 1998, 1705 downloads.
18. Yannis K Labrou et al., "Semantics for an Agent Communication Language", PhdThesis, UMBC, August 1996.
19. Tim Finin et al., "Evaluating KQML as an agent communication language", InBook, Intelligent Agents II -- Agent Theories, Architectures, and Languages, January 1996, 1675 downloads.
20. James Mayfield et al., "Evaluation of KQML as an Agent Communication Language", InCollection, Intelligent Agents Volume II - 1995 Workshop on Agent Theories, Architectures and Languages, January 1996.
Yannis K Labrou is associated with 1 project: Hide the list...
Suggestion for a Future Project