- V. Rawte, K. Roy, M. Chakraborty, M. Gaur, K. Faldu, P. Kikani, H. Akbari, and A. Sheth, "TDLR: Top (Semantic)-Down (Syntactic) Language Representation", InProceedings, Attention Workshop, 36th Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS 2022), November 2022, 28 downloads.
- M. Gaur, K. Gunaratna, S. Bhatt, and A. Sheth, "Knowledge-Infused Learning: A Sweet Spot in Neuro-Symbolic AI", Article, IEEE Internet Computing, August 2022, 29 downloads.
- C. Hanks, M. Maiden, P. Ranade, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "Recognizing and Extracting Cybersecurity Entities from Text", InProceedings, Workshop on Machine Learning for Cybersecurity, International Conference on Machine Learning, July 2022, 341 downloads.
- C. Hanks, M. Maiden, P. Ranade, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "CyberEnt: Extracting Domain Specific Entities from Cybersecurity Text,", InProceedings, Mid-Atlantic Student Colloquium on Speech, Language and Learning, April 2022, 446 downloads.
- C. Hanks and M. Maiden, "CyNER: A Cybersecurity Domain Specific Dataset for Named Entity Recognition", Misc, UMBC Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Day, April 2022, 215 downloads.
- S. Chukkapalli, P. Ranade, S. Mittal, and A. Joshi, "A Privacy Preserving Anomaly Detection Framework for Cooperative Smart Farming Ecosystem", InProceedings, IEEE International Conference on Trust, Privacy and Security in Intelligent Systems, and Applications, November 2021, 224 downloads.
- A. Ganesan, F. Ferraro, and T. Oates, "Learning a Reversible Embedding Mapping using Bi-Directional Manifold Alignment", InProceedings, Findings of the Association for Computational Linguistics, August 2021, 212 downloads.
- P. Ranade, A. Piplai, S. Mittal, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Generating Fake Cyber Threat Intelligence Using Transformer-Based Models", Proceedings, International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2021), July 2021, 463 downloads.
- M. Rezaee and F. Ferraro, "Event Representation with Sequential, Semi-Supervised Discrete Variables", InProceedings, Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL), June 2021, 509 downloads.
- A. Ganesan, F. Ferraro, and T. Oates, "Locality Preserving Loss: Neighbors that Live together, Align together", InProceedings, AdaptNPT: The Second Workshop on Domain Adaptation for NLP at EACL, April 2021, 139 downloads.
- M. Murnane, P. Higgins, M. Saraf, F. Ferraro, C. Matuszek, and D. Engel, "A Simulator for Human-Robot Interaction in Virtual Reality", InProceedings, Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces, Abstracts and Workshops (VRW), March 2021, 263 downloads.
- P. Higgins, G. Y. Kebe, K. Darvish, D. Engel, F. Ferraro, and C. Matuszek, "Towards Making Virtual Human-Robot Interaction a Reality", InProceedings, 3rd International Workshop on Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed-Reality for Human-Robot Interactions (VAM-HRI), March 2021, 418 downloads.
- N. Pillai, E. Raff, F. Ferraro, and C. Matuszek, "Sampling Approach Matters: Active Learning for Robotic Language Acquisition", InProceedings, IEEE BigData BDML, December 2020, 417 downloads.
- A. Bandi, K. P. Joshi, and V. Mulwad, "Affinity Propagation Initialisation Based Proximity Clustering For Labeling in Natural Language Based Big Data Systems", InProceedings, 6th IEEE International Conference on Big Data Security on Cloud (BigDataSecurity 2020), May 2020, 301 downloads.
- J. Sleeman, J. E. Dorband, and M. Halem, "A hybrid quantum enabled RBM advantage: convolutional autoencoders for quantum image compression and generative learning", InProceedings, Quantum Information Science, Sensing, and Computation XII, May 2020, 271 downloads.
- A. Ganesan, F. Ferraro, and T. Oates, "Locality Preserving Loss to Align Vector Spaces", Article, arXiv:2004.03734 [cs.LG], April 2020, 205 downloads.
- J. Sleeman, J. E. Dorband, and M. Halem, "A Hybrid Quantum Enabled RBM Advantage: Convolutional Autoencoders for Quantum Image Compression and Generative Learning", Article, arXiv preprint arXiv:2001.11946, January 2020, 442 downloads.
- A. Diaz, A. Sherman, and A. Joshi, "Phishing in an academic community: A study of user susceptibility and behavior", Article, Crypologia, August 2019, 306 downloads.
- M. Murnane, M. Breitmeyer, F. Ferraro, C. Matuszek, and D. Engel, "Learning from Human-Robot Interactions in Modeled Scenes", InProceedings, ACM SIGGRAPH 2019 Posters, July 2019, 170 downloads.
- M. Murnane, M. Breitmeyer, F. Ferraro, and C. Matuszek, "Learning from Human-Robot Interactions in Modeled Scenes", InProceedings, ACM SIGGRAPH 2019 Posters, July 2019, 180 downloads.
- D. Norris, L. Mateczun, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cybersecurity at the Grassroots: American Local Governments and the Challenges of Internet Security", Article, Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, September 2018, 134 downloads.
- R. Ayanzadeh, "Quantum Artificial Intelligence for Natural Language Processing Applications", InProceedings, SIGCSE '18: Proceedings of the 49th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, February 2018.
- J. Lo, Y. Gui, and Y. Peng, "Training Deep Neural Networks with Gradual Deconvexification", InProceedings, International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2016),, June 2016, 167 downloads.
- Y. Gui, "Convexification and Deconvexification for Training Artificial Neural Networks", PhdThesis, May 2016, 157 downloads.
- D. Norris, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cybersecurity Challenges to American State and Local Governments", InProceedings, 15th European Conference on eGovernment, June 2015, 143 downloads.
- J. Lo, Y. Gui, and Y. Peng, "The Normalized Risk-Averting Error Criterion for Avoiding Nonglobal Local Minima in Training Neural Networks", Article, Neurocomputing, February 2015, 147 downloads.
- P. Pappachan, R. Yus, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Rafiki: A Semantic and Collaborative Approach to Community Health-care in Underserved Areas", InProceedings, 10th IEEE International Conference on Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing (CollaborateCom 2014), October 2014, 1449 downloads.
- P. Pappachan, "A Semantic and Collaborative Approach to Community Health-care in Underserved Areas", MastersThesis, UMBC, July 2014, 1268 downloads.
- Y. Gui, J. Lo, and Y. Peng, "A pairwise algorithm for training multilayer perceptrons with the normalized risk-averting error criterion", InProceedings, International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), July 2014, 190 downloads.
- W. Murnane, "Improving Accuracy of Named Entity Recognition on Social Media Data", MastersThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, August 2010, 5338 downloads, 3 citations.
- Z. Syed, E. Viegas, and S. Parastatidis, "Automatic Discovery of Semantic Relations using MindNet", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, May 2010, 2199 downloads.
- M. A. Grasso, "The Effect of Computerized Resident Sign-Out on Clarity", Proceedings, Proceedings of the AMIA 2009 Annual Symposium, November 2009, 2200 downloads.
- J. Martineau, T. Finin, A. Joshi, and S. Patel, "Improving Binary Classification on Text Problems using Differential Word Features", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, November 2009, 4852 downloads, 4 citations.
- D. Chinavle, P. Kolari, T. Oates, and T. Finin, "Ensembles in Adversarial Classification for Spam", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, November 2009, 4107 downloads, 1 citation.
- W. Li and A. Joshi, "Outlier Detection in Ad Hoc Networks Using Dempster-Shafer Theory", InProceedings, 10th International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM 2009), May 2009, 1918 downloads, 7 citations.
- S. Agarwal, A. Joshi, T. Finin, Y. Yesha, and T. Ganous, "A Pervasive Computing System for the Operating Room of the Future", Article, Mobile Networks and Applications, August 2007, 3555 downloads.
- P. Ordonez, P. A. Kodeswaran, V. Korolev, W. Li, O. Walavalkar, A. Joshi, T. Finin, Y. Yesha, and I. George, "A Ubiquitous Context-Aware Environment for Surgical Training", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 4th Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems, August 2007, 2344 downloads, 1 citation.
- Y. Yu and Y. Peng, "Learning the Semantic Meaning of a Concept from the Web", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 20th Conference of the Canadian Society for Computational Studies of Intelligence, May 2007, 2056 downloads.
- S. Dornbush, J. English, T. Oates, Z. Segall, and A. Joshi, "XPod: A Human Activity Aware Learning Mobile Music Player", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Workshop on Ambient Intelligence, 20th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-2007), January 2007, 4192 downloads, 13 citations.
- S. Agarwal, A. Joshi, and Y. Yesha, "A Pervasive Computing System for the Operating Room of the Future", TechReport, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, September 2006, 4363 downloads.
- S. Agarwal, A. Joshi, T. Ganous, and Y. Yesha, "Context-Aware System to Create Electronic Medical Records", TechReport, July 2006, 3147 downloads.
- M. A. Grasso and e., "Survey of handheld computing among medical students", Article, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, June 2006.
- S. Agarwal, "Context-Aware System to Create Electronic Medical Encounter Records", MastersThesis, May 2006, 2733 downloads, 2 citations.
- S. Dornbush, K. Fisher, K. McKay, A. Prikhodko, and Z. Segall, "XPod a human activity and emotion aware mobile music player", InProceedings, Proceedings of the International Conference on Mobile Technology, Applications and Systems, November 2005, 7725 downloads, 18 citations.
- W. Wilson, Y. Peng, and L. L. Augsburger, "Generalization of a Prototype Intelligent Hybrid System for Hard Gelatin Capsule Formulation Development", Article, AAPS PharmSciTech, October 2005, 2100 downloads.
- W. Krueger, J. Nilsson, T. Oates, and T. Finin, "Automatically Generated DAML Markup for Semistructured Documents", InBook, Agent Mediated Knowledge Management,, January 2004, 2172 downloads, 11 citations.
- Generative Adversarial Networks, An Introduction
February 1, 2017
- Virtual Collaboration and Training in Medicine through Multimedia e-Learning system
February 25, 2013
- Analytics for Detecting Web and Social Media Abuse
March 16, 2012
- Context-Aware Middleware for Activity Recognition
May 19, 2011
- Improving Accuracy of Named Entity Recognition on Social Media Data
May 19, 2010
- A Hybrid Approach to Unsupervised Relation Discovery via Linguistic Analysis, Entropy-based Label Ranking and Semantic Typing
October 27, 2009
- Constraining Information Flow in Social Networks with Privacy Policies
August 10, 2009
- Virtual Patients as Intelligent Agents
May 8, 2009
- Outlier Detection in Ad Hoc Networks Using Dempster-Shafer Theory
May 6, 2009
- Adversarial Classification: An Ensemble-based approach
April 27, 2009