Dawn Lawrie is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at Loyola University Maryland. She receiced a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst in 2003 and an A.B. with high honors in Computer Science from Dartmouth College in 1997. Dr. Lawrie specializes in Software Engineering, Computer Languages and Information Retrieval. She is investigating how information retrieval techniques can improve software engineering tools that analyze source code.
- C. H. Song, D. Lawrie, T. Finin, and J. Mayfield, "Gazetteer Generation for Neural Named Entity Recognition", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 33rd International FLAIRS Conference, May 2020, 482 downloads.
- C. H. Song, D. Lawrie, and T. Finin, "Improving Neural Named Entity Recognition with Gazetteers", Article, arXiv:2003.03072, March 2020, 417 downloads.
- B. Van Durme, T. Lippincott, K. Duh, D. Burchfield, A. Poliak, C. Costello, T. Finin, S. Miller, J. Mayfield, P. Koehn, C. Harmon, D. Lawrie, C. May, M. Thomas, A. Carrell, and J. Chaloux, "CADET: Computer Assisted Discovery Extraction and Translation", InProceedings, 8th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (System Demonstrations), November 2017, 527 downloads.
- T. Finin, D. Lawrie, J. Mayfield, P. McNamee, and C. Costello, "Participation in TAC KBP 2017: Cold Start TEDL and Low-resource EDL", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 2017 Text Analysis Workshop, November 2017, 485 downloads.
- T. Finin, D. Lawrie, J. Mayfield, P. McNamee, J. Laspesa, and M. Latman, "HLTCOE Participation in TAC KBP 2016: Cold Start and EDL", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 2016 Text Analysis Workshop, November 2016, 1104 downloads.
- T. Finin, D. Lawrie, P. McNamee, J. Mayfield, D. Oard, N. Peng, N. Gao, Y. Lin, J. MacKin, and T. Dowd, "HLTCOE Participation in TAC KBP 2015: Cold Start and TEDL", InProceedings, Eighth Text Analysis Conference, November 2015, 678 downloads.
- J. Mayfield, P. McNamee, C. Harmon, T. Finin, and D. Lawrie, "KELVIN: Extracting Knowledge from Large Text Collections", InProceedings, AAAI Fall Symposium on Natural Language Access to Big Data, November 2014, 1306 downloads.
- T. Finin, P. McNamee, D. Lawrie, J. Mayfield, and C. Harmon, "Hot Stuff at Cold Start: HLTCOE participation at TAC 2014", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 7th Text Analysis Conference, October 2014, 1080 downloads.
- P. McNamee, T. Finin, D. Lawrie, and J. Mayfield, "HLTCOE Participation at TAC 2013", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Sixth Text Analysis Conference, November 2013, 835 downloads.
- D. Lawrie, T. Finin, J. Mayfield, and P. McNamee, "Comparing and Evaluating Semantic Data Automatically Extracted from Text,", InProceedings, AAAI 2013 Fall Symposium on Semantics for Big Data, November 2013, 971 downloads.
- P. McNamee, J. Mayfield, T. Finin, T. Oates, D. Lawrie, T. Xu, and D. Oard, "KELVIN: a tool for automated knowledge base construction", InProceedings, Proc. Conf. of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies, June 2013, 1120 downloads.
- P. McNamee, v. Stoyanov, J. Mayfield, T. Finin, T. Oates, T. Xu, D. Oard, and D. Lawrie, "HLTCOE Participation at TAC 2012: Entity Linking and Cold Start Knowledge Base Construction", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Fifth Text Analysis Conference (TAC 2012), November 2012, 1070 downloads.
- v. Stoyanov, J. Mayfield, T. Xu, D. Oard, D. Lawrie, T. Oates, and T. Finin, "A Context-Aware Approach to Entity Linking", InProceedings, Joint Workshop on Automatic Knowledge Base Construction and Web-scale Knowledge Extraction, June 2012, 2487 downloads.