Baltimore, MD 21250, United States
Donald F. Norris is Professor and Chair of the Department of Public Policy, and Director of the Maryland Institute for Policy Analysis and Research (MIPAR). Dr. Norris is a specialist in public management, urban politics, and the application, uses and impacts of information technology (including e-government) in public organizations. He holds a B.S. in history from the University of Memphis and both an M.A. and a Ph.D. in government from the University of Virginia. Prof. Norris teaches courses in public management and urban affairs. As MIPAR Director, he oversees the work of UMBC’s principal social science and policy research institute with current (FY 2007) annual external funding of $3.5 million. In the past 10 years, he has been Primary Investigator (PI) or co-PI on external research funding totaling more than $1 million. Prof. Norris has authored three books (including one forthcoming in 2009), has edited or co-edited four books, and has contributed chapters to 22 others. He has published 27 articles and four book reviews in such scholarly journals as Public Administration Review, Journal of Urban Affairs, Urban Affairs Review, Public Budgeting and Finance, State and Local Government Review, and Public Performance and Management Review in the U.S., and Public Policy and Administration, Local Government Studies, and Talking Politics in the U.K. He has been a guest editor for special issues of State and Local Government Review and the Journal of Urban Affairs and co-edited a special issue of the Journal of Urban Affairs. Prof. Norris has authored or co-authored more that 60 research reports and monographs and more than 50 scholarly papers. He has consulted with local and state governments for more that 30 years in a wide range of areas in public policy and management. He has also produced and directed two films for local government officials on the adoption of advanced technologies.
- D. Norris, L. Mateczun, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cyberattacks at the Grass Roots: American Local Governments and the Need for High Levels of Cybersecurity", Article, Public Administration Review, February 2019, 25 downloads.
- D. Norris, L. Mateczun, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cybersecurity at the Grassroots: American Local Governments and the Challenges of Internet Security", Article, Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, September 2018.
- D. Norris, L. Mateczun, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cybersecurity Challenges to American Local Governments", InProceedings, Proceedings of 17th European Conference on Digital Government , June 2017, 327 downloads.
- D. Norris, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cybersecurity Challenges to American State and Local Governments", InProceedings, 15th European Conference on eGovernment, June 2015.
- D. Norris, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cybersecurity Challenges to American State and Local Governments", InProceedings, 15th European Conference on eGovernment, June 2015, 458 downloads.