Faculty, Principal Faculty
Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, ITE 358, 1000 Hilltop CIrcle, Baltimore, MD 21250, United States
Frank Ferraro is an assistant professor in the Computer Science and Electrical Engineering department at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. His research focuses on computational event semantics, and unlabeled, structured probabilistic modeling over very large corpora. He has published on a number of cross-disciplinary basic and applied projects, and has papers in areas such as multimodal processing and information extraction, latent-variable syntactic methods and applications, and the induction and evaluation of frames and scripts. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Johns Hopkins University and Bachelors in Computer Science and Mathematics, from the University of Rochester.
- A. Padia, K. Kalpakis, F. Ferraro, and T. Finin, "Knowledge Graph Fact Prediction via Knowledge-Enriched Tensor Factorization", Article, Journal of Web Semantics, January 2019, 192 downloads.
- A. Padia, F. Ferraro, and T. Finin, "SURFACE: Semantically Rich Fact Validation with Explanations", InCollection, arXiv, November 2018, 94 downloads.
- A. Padia, F. Ferraro, and T. Finin, "Team UMBC-FEVER: Claim verification using Semantic Lexical Resources", InProceedings, Proceedings of the First Workshop on Fact Extraction and Verification, November 2018, 155 downloads.
- A. Padia, F. Ferraro, and T. Finin, "KG Cleaner: Identifying and Correcting Errors Produced by Information Extraction Systems", InCollection, arXiv, August 2018, 118 downloads.
- A. Padia, A. Roy, T. W. Satyapanich, F. Ferraro, S. Pan, Y. Park, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "UMBC at SemEval-2018 Task 8: Understanding Text about Malware", InProceedings, Proceedings of International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation (SemEval-2018), June 2018, 369 downloads.
- F. Ferraro, A. Poliak, R. Cotterell, and B. Van Durme, "Frame-Based Continuous Lexical Semantics through Exponential Family Tensor Factorization and Semantic Proto-Roles", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Sixth Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics (*SEM), August 2017, 170 downloads.
- F. Ferraro and B. Van Durme, "A Unified Bayesian Model of Scripts, Frames and Language.", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Thirtieth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, February 2016, 135 downloads.