- J. Undercofer, "Intrusion Detection: Modeling System State to Detect and Classify Aberrant Behavior", PhdThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, February 2004, 7249 downloads.
- J. Undercofer, A. Joshi, T. Finin, and J. Pinkston, "Using DAML+ OIL to classify intrusive behaviours", Article, Knowledge Engineering Review, January 2004, 1287 downloads, 3 citations.
- J. Undercofer and A. Joshi, "Data Mining, Semantics and Intrusion Detection: What to dig for and Where to find it", InBook, Next Generation Data Mining, December 2003, 2 citations.
- J. Undercofer, A. Joshi, and J. Pinkston, "Modeling Computer Attacks: An Ontology for Intrusion Detection", InProceedings, The Sixth International Symposium on Recent Advances in Intrusion Detection, September 2003, 4592 downloads, 19 citations.
- J. Undercofer, A. Joshi, T. Finin, and J. Pinkston, "A Target-Centric Ontology for Intrusion Detection", InProceedings, Workshop on Ontologies in Distributed Systems, held at The 18th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, July 2003, 1501 downloads, 50 citations.