John E Dorband
Affiliated Faculty, Faculty
Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Baltimore, MD 21250
John Dorband is a research faculty member in the Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. He received received his B.A. degree in mathematics and physics from Northwest Nazarene College, Nampa, Idaho in 1972 and Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Penn State University in 1985. Dr. Dorband has had over 20 years of experience in research on and applications of high-performance and parallel computing to scientific problems. He helped to design and build the first Beowulf cluster computer in the mid 1990s at the NASA GSFC.
- R. Ayanzadeh, J. E. Dorband, M. Halem, and T. Finin, "Post-Quantum Error-Correction for Quantum Annealers", Article, arXiv:2010.00115 [quant-ph], September 2020, 65 downloads.
- J. Sleeman, J. E. Dorband, and M. Halem, "A hybrid quantum enabled RBM advantage: convolutional autoencoders for quantum image compression and generative learning", InProceedings, Quantum Information Science, Sensing, and Computation XII, May 2020, 122 downloads.
- J. Sleeman, J. E. Dorband, and M. Halem, "A Hybrid Quantum Enabled RBM Advantage: Convolutional Autoencoders for Quantum Image Compression and Generative Learning", Article, arXiv preprint arXiv:2001.11946, January 2020, 249 downloads.
- R. Ayanzadeh, M. Halem, J. E. Dorband, and T. Finin, "Quantum-Assisted Greedy Algorithms", Article, arXiv:1912.02362 [quant-ph], December 2019, 169 downloads.
- J. Sleeman, M. Halem, and J. E. Dorband, "RBM Image Generation Using the D-Wave 2000Q", Misc, Poster Presentation Presented at the 2019 Rising Stars in EECS Workshop, October 2019, 162 downloads.
- J. Sleeman, M. Halem, and J. E. Dorband, "RBM Image Generation Using the D-Wave 2000Q", Misc, D-Wave Qubits North America Conference, September 2019, 232 downloads.
- K. P. Joshi, M. Halem, Y. Yesha, J. E. Dorband, and e., "USM Community Cloud: VCL-based Academic Cloud", InProceedings, 2nd International IBM Cloud Academy Conference ICA CON 2014, Atlanta, May 2014, 1728 downloads.