Faculty, Principal Faculty
Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250
Manas Gaur is an assistant professor of Computer Science at the University of Maryland Baltimore County. He has previously held the position of Senior AI Research Scientist with the Knowledge and Dialog team within AI Center at Samsung Research America. In addition, he was a visiting researcher at the Alan Turing Institute. He received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Artificial Intelligence Institute at The University of South Carolina in 2022, where he was advised by Dr. Amit Sheth. Before this, he completed bachelor's and master's in Computer Science and Software Engineering from Netaji Subhas University of Technology(East Campus) and Delhi Technological University, India, respectively.
- M. Gaur, "Targeted Knowledge Infusion To Make Conversational AI Explainable and Safe", Proceedings, AAAI23 New Faculty Highlights, February 2023, 109 downloads.
- K. Roy, M. Gaur, M. Soltani, V. Rawte, and A. Sheth, "ProKnow: Process knowledge for safety constrained and explainable question generation for mental health diagnostic assistance", Article, Frontiers in Big Data, January 2023, 22 downloads.
- U. Lokala, F. Lamay, R. Daniulaityte, M. Gaur, A. Gyrard, K. Thirunarayan, U. Kursuncu, and A. Sheth, "Drug Abuse Ontology to Harness Web-Based Data for Substance Use Epidemiology Research: Ontology Development Study", Article, JMIR Public Health and Surveillance, December 2022, 156 downloads.
- V. Rawte, K. Roy, M. Chakraborty, M. Gaur, K. Faldu, P. Kikani, H. Akbari, and A. Sheth, "TDLR: Top (Semantic)-Down (Syntactic) Language Representation", InProceedings, Attention Workshop, 36th Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS 2022), November 2022, 89 downloads.
- K. Roy, Y. Zi, V. Narayanan, M. Gaur, and A. Sheth, "KSAT: Knowledge-infused Self Attention Transformer -- Integrating Multiple Domain-Specific Contexts", TechReport, arXiv:2210.04307 [cs.CL], October 2022, 68 downloads.
- A. Sheth, M. Gaur, K. Roy, R. Venkataraman, and V. Khandelwal, "Process Knowledge-Infused AI: Toward User-Level Explainability, Interpretability, and Safety", Article, IEEE Internet Computing, September 2022, 112 downloads.
- M. Gaur, K. Gunaratna, S. Bhatt, and A. Sheth, "Knowledge-Infused Learning: A Sweet Spot in Neuro-Symbolic AI", Article, IEEE Internet Computing, August 2022, 152 downloads.