Professor Sheth is an educator, researcher, and entrepreneur. He is the founding director university-wide AI Institute at the University of South Carolina. He is a Fellow of the IEEE, AAAI, AAAS, and ACM, elected for his pioneering and enduring contributions to information integration, distributed workflow processes, semantics, knowledge-enhanced computing, etc. He has (co-)founded four companies, three of them by licensing his university research outcomes, including the first Semantic Search company in 1999 that pioneered technology similar to what is found today in Google Semantic Search and Knowledge Graph. He is particularly proud of the success of his 45 Ph.D. advisees and postdocs in academia, industry research, and entrepreneurs. He received his B.E. (Hons) from BITS-Pilani, India, and MS and Ph.D. from the Ohio State University, USA.
Professor Sheth's current interests include Artificial Intelligence (esp. knowledge graphs, NLP, deep learning, knowledge-enhanced learning, conversational AI- esp chatbots for health and education), Semantic Web, Physical/IoT-Cyber-Social-Clinical Big Data, Augmented Personalized Health, AI and Big Data applications (in health and life sciences, social good, disaster management, etc.).
- K. Roy, M. Gaur, M. Soltani, V. Rawte, and A. Sheth, "ProKnow: Process knowledge for safety constrained and explainable question generation for mental health diagnostic assistance", Article, Frontiers in Big Data, January 2023, 23 downloads.
- U. Lokala, F. Lamay, R. Daniulaityte, M. Gaur, A. Gyrard, K. Thirunarayan, U. Kursuncu, and A. Sheth, "Drug Abuse Ontology to Harness Web-Based Data for Substance Use Epidemiology Research: Ontology Development Study", Article, JMIR Public Health and Surveillance, December 2022, 157 downloads.
- V. Rawte, K. Roy, M. Chakraborty, M. Gaur, K. Faldu, P. Kikani, H. Akbari, and A. Sheth, "TDLR: Top (Semantic)-Down (Syntactic) Language Representation", InProceedings, Attention Workshop, 36th Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS 2022), November 2022, 89 downloads.
- K. Roy, Y. Zi, V. Narayanan, M. Gaur, and A. Sheth, "KSAT: Knowledge-infused Self Attention Transformer -- Integrating Multiple Domain-Specific Contexts", TechReport, arXiv:2210.04307 [cs.CL], October 2022, 68 downloads.
- A. Sheth, M. Gaur, K. Roy, R. Venkataraman, and V. Khandelwal, "Process Knowledge-Infused AI: Toward User-Level Explainability, Interpretability, and Safety", Article, IEEE Internet Computing, September 2022, 113 downloads.
- M. Gaur, K. Gunaratna, S. Bhatt, and A. Sheth, "Knowledge-Infused Learning: A Sweet Spot in Neuro-Symbolic AI", Article, IEEE Internet Computing, August 2022, 152 downloads.
- P. Hitzler, K. Janowicz, G. Berg-Cross, L. Obrst, A. Sheth, T. Finin, and I. Cruz, "Semantic Aspects of EarthCube", TechReport, May 2012, 767 downloads.
- B. Aleman-Meza, M. Nagarajan, L. Ding, A. Sheth, B. Arpinar, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Scalable semantic analytics on social networks for addressing the problem of conflict of interest detection", Article, ACM Transactions on the Web, February 2008, 3001 downloads, 14 citations.
- B. Aleman-Meza, M. Nagarajan, C. Ramakrishnan, A. Sheth, B. Arpinar, L. Ding, P. Kolari, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Semantic Analytics on Social Networks: Experiences in Addressing the Problem of Conflict of Interest Detection", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 15th International World Wide Web Conference,, May 2006, 3931 downloads, 106 citations.
- M. Burstein, C. Bussler, T. Finin, M. Huhns, M. Paoucci, A. Sheth, S. Williams, and M. Zaremba, "A Semantic Web Services Architecture,", Article, IEEE Internet Computing, September 2005, 3255 downloads, 138 citations.