University of Maryland Institute for Advanced Computer Studies
Dr. Parr received a BS in biology from Cornell University and an MS and PhD from University of Michigan, where she studied social behavior and vocal communication in American crows. She studied molecular systematics and behavioral ecology of magpies during a postdoctoral fellowship at Seoul National University in Seoul, Korea. She served as the Content Development Director for the Animal Diversity Web project at the University of Michigan. She uses web technology to do help instructors at many institutions teach about animal ecology and evolution. At the University of Maryland she has worked on a number of projects using advanced computer technologies to support research and education in the biological sciences.
- L. Han, T. Finin, C. Parr, J. Sachs, and A. Joshi, "RDF123: from Spreadsheets to RDF", InProceedings, Seventh International Semantic Web Conference, October 2008, 6461 downloads, 26 citations.
- C. Parr, J. Sachs, and T. Finin, "Lessons learned from semantic web prototyping in ecology", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Conference of the Taxonomic Databases Working Group, October 2008, 21 downloads.
- J. Sachs, L. Han, T. Wang, and C. Parr, "Bioblitz Data on the Semantic Web", InProceedings, International Semantic Web Conference (Posters & Demos), September 2008, 1298 downloads.
- C. Parr, T. Wang, J. Sachs, and L. Han, "Enabling Semantic Ecoblogging and Bioblitzes", Misc, 25th Annual HCIL Symposium and Open House. University of Maryland, May 2008, 1905 downloads.
- C. Parr, J. Sachs, L. Han, and T. Wang, "RDF123 and Spotter: Tools for generating OWL and RDF for biodiversity data in spreadsheets and unstructured text", InProceedings, Proceedings of Biodiversity Information Standards Annual Conference (TDWG 2007), October 2007, 2075 downloads, 3 citations.
- L. Han, C. Parr, J. Sachs, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "RDF123: a mechanism to transform spreadsheets to RDF", TechReport, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, August 2007, 9157 downloads, 9 citations.
- A. Parafiynyk, C. Parr, J. Sachs, and T. Finin, "Adding Semantics to Social Websites for Citizen Science", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Workshop on Semantic e-Science (AAAI 07), June 2007, 5863 downloads, 3 citations.
- T. Finin, J. Sachs, and C. Parr, "Finding Data, Knowledge, and Answers on the Semantic Web", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 20th International FLAIRS Conference, February 2007, 2724 downloads, 1 citation.
- C. Parr, J. Sachs, A. Parafiynyk, T. Wang, R. Espinosa, and T. Finin, "ETHAN: the Evolutionary Trees and Natural History Ontology", TechReport, TR-EBQ-320-2006, November 2006, 4509 downloads, 1 citation.
- J. Sachs, C. Parr, A. Parafiynyk, R. Pan, L. Han, L. Ding, T. Finin, A. Hollender, and T. Wang, "Using the Semantic Web to Support Ecoinformatics", InProceedings, Proceedings of the AAAI Fall Symposium on the Semantic Web for Collaborative Knowledge Acquisition , October 2006, 7047 downloads, 6 citations.
- C. Parr, A. Parafiynyk, J. Sachs, R. Pan, L. Han, L. Ding, T. Finin, and T. Wang, "Using the Semantic Web to Integrate Ecoinformatics Resources", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Twenty-First National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-06), July 2006, 2756 downloads.
- C. Parr, A. Parafiynyk, J. Sachs, L. Ding, S. Dornbush, T. Finin, T. Wang, and A. Hollender, "Integrating Ecoinformatics Resources on the Semantic Web", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 15th International World Wide Web Conference, May 2006, 2459 downloads, 4 citations.
- Spire, Faculty