- R. Ayanzadeh, M. Halem, and T. Finin, "Reinforcement Quantum Annealing: A Hybrid Quantum Learning Automata", Article, Nature Scientific Reports, May 2020, 118 downloads.
- R. Ayanzadeh, "Leveraging Artificial Intelligence to Advance Problem-Solving with Quantum Annealers", PhdThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, May 2020, 236 downloads.
- T. W. Satyapanich, F. Ferraro, and T. Finin, "CASIE: Extracting Cybersecurity Event Information from Text", InProceedings, Proceeding of the 34th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, February 2020, 677 downloads.
- R. Ayanzadeh, M. Halem, and T. Finin, "Reinforcement Quantum Annealing: A Quantum-Assisted Learning Automata Approach", Article, arXiv:2001.00234 [quant-ph], January 2020, 280 downloads.
- T. W. Satyapanich, T. Finin, and F. Ferraro, "Extracting Rich Semantic Information about Cybersecurity Events", InProceedings, Second Workshop on Big Data for CyberSecurity, held in conjunction with the IEEE Int. Conf. on Big Data, December 2019, 380 downloads.
- T. W. Satyapanich, "Modeling and Extracting Information about Cybersecurity Events from Text", PhdThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore county, December 2019, 79 downloads.
- S. Oni, Z. Chen, A. Crainiceanu, K. P. Joshi, and D. Needham, "Situation-Aware Access Control in Federated Data-as-a-Service for Maritime Search And Rescue", InProceedings, IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (IEEE SCC), 2019, July 2019, 313 downloads.
- A. Pingle, A. Piplai, S. Mittal, A. Joshi, J. Holt, and R. Zak, "RelExt: Relation Extraction using Deep Learning approaches for Cybersecurity Knowledge Graph Improvement", InProceedings, IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2019), May 2019, 419 downloads.
- S. N. Narayanan, K. Khanna, B. K. Panigrahi, and A. Joshi, "Security in Smart Cyber-Physical Systems: A Case Study on Smart Grids and Smart Cars", InBook, Smart Cities Cybersecurity and Privacy, December 2018, 117 downloads.
- R. Ayanzadeh, M. Halem, and T. Finin, "Solving Hard SAT Instances with Adiabatic Quantum Computers", American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2018, abstract #IN41B-27, December 2018.
- V. Rathode, S. N. Narayanan, S. Mittal, and A. Joshi, "Semantically Rich, Context Aware Access Control for Openstack", InProceedings, 4th International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing, September 2018, 443 downloads.
- L. Elluri and K. P. Joshi, "A Knowledge Representation of Cloud Data controls for EU GDPR Compliance", InProceedings, 11th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD), July 2018, 778 downloads.
- F. Ferraro, A. Poliak, R. Cotterell, and B. Van Durme, "Frame-Based Continuous Lexical Semantics through Exponential Family Tensor Factorization and Semantic Proto-Roles", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Sixth Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics (*SEM), August 2017, 318 downloads.
- V. Narkhede, K. P. Joshi, T. Finin, S. Choi, A. Aviv, and D. S. Roche, "Managing Cloud Storage Obliviously", InProceedings, International Conference on Cloud Computing, June 2016, 1363 downloads.
- H. Lamba, P. Kumaraguru, and A. Joshi, "Faking Sandy: Characterizing and Identifying Fake Images on Twitter during Hurricane Sandy", InProceedings, Second International Workshop on Privacy and Security in Online Social Media (PSOSM), May 2013, 3498 downloads.
- v. Stoyanov, J. Mayfield, T. Xu, D. Oard, D. Lawrie, T. Oates, and T. Finin, "A Context-Aware Approach to Entity Linking", InProceedings, Joint Workshop on Automatic Knowledge Base Construction and Web-scale Knowledge Extraction, June 2012, 2421 downloads.
- D. Ghosh, A. Joshi, T. Finin, and P. Jagtap, "Privacy control in smart phones using semantically rich reasoning and context modeling", InProceedings, Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Semantic Computing and Security, May 2012, 1225 downloads.
- C. Lee, Y. H. Lee, Y. Peng, and H. Cho, "A Supplier Discovery Framework For Effective And Efficient Configuration Of A Supply Chain", Article, International Journal of Industrial Engineering,, November 2011, 1216 downloads.
- L. Zavala, R. Dharurkar, P. Jagtap, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "Mobile, Collaborative, Context-Aware Systems", InProceedings, Proceedings of the AAAI Workshop on Activity Context Representation: Techniques and Languages , August 2011, 2548 downloads.
- R. Dharurkar, "Context-Aware Middleware for Activity Recognition", MastersThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, May 2011, 1213 downloads.
- A. Mahale, "Group Centric Information Sharing using Hierarchical Models", MastersThesis, UMBC, May 2011, 1263 downloads.
- P. A. Kodeswaran and E. Viegas, "A Policy Based Infrastructure for Social Data Access with Privacy Guarantees", InProceedings, Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks, July 2010, 4182 downloads, 6 citations.
- R. Schauer and A. Joshi, "A Probabilistic Approach to Distributed System Management", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Autonomic Computing, June 2010, 1527 downloads.
- J. Kim, S. Lee, M. Halem, and Y. Peng, "Semantic Similarity Analysis of XML Schema using Grid Computing", InProceedings, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, August 2009, 414 downloads.
- J. Mayfield, B. J. Dorr, T. Finin, D. Oard, and C. Piatko, "Knowledge Base Evaluation for Semantic Knowledge Discovery", InProceedings, Proceedings of the NSF Sponsored Symposium Semantic Knowledge Discovery, Organization and Use, November 2008, 2206 downloads.
- T. Finin, A. Joshi, L. Kagal, J. Niu, R. Sandhu, W. H. Winsborough, and B. Thuraisingham, "ROWLBAC - Representing Role Based Access Control in OWL", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 13th Symposium on Access control Models and Technologies, June 2008, 6936 downloads, 61 citations.
- P. A. Kodeswaran, S. B. Kodeswaran, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Enforcing security in semantics driven policy based networks", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Data Engineering Workshops, Secure Semantic Web, April 2008, 2113 downloads.
- T. Finin, A. Joshi, L. Kagal, J. Niu, R. Sandhu, W. H. Winsborough, and B. Thuraisingham, "Role Based Access Control and OWL", InProceedings, Proceedings of the fourth OWL: Experiences and Directions Workshop, April 2008, 2867 downloads.
- J. Martineau and M. Hurst, "Blog Link Classification", InProceedings, Proceedings of the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2008), March 2008, 941 downloads, 1 citation.
- K. Dasgupta, R. Singh, B. Vishwanathan, D. Chakraborty, A. Joshi, S. Mukherjea, and A. A. Nanavati, "Social ties and their relevance to churn in mobile telecom networks", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 11th international conference on Extending database technology: Advances in database technology, March 2008, 2480 downloads.
- Y. Peng and L. L. Augsburger, "Knowledge-Based Systems and Other AI Applications for Tableting", InBook, Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms, January 2008, 2849 downloads.
- O. V. Ratsimor, "Opportunistic Bartering of Digital Goods and Services in Pervasive Environments", PhdThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, August 2007, 2399 downloads.
- A. Patwardhan, J. Parker, M. Iorga, A. Joshi, T. Karygiannis, and Y. Yesha, "Threshold-based Intrusion Detection in Ad Hoc Networks and Secure AODV", Article, Ad Hoc Networks Journal (ADHOCNET), May 2007, 3031 downloads, 16 citations.
- A. Kale, "Modeling Trust and Influence in Blogosphere using Link Polarity", MastersThesis, University of Maryland Baltimore County, April 2007, 10646 downloads, 36 citations.
- A. Kale, A. Karandikar, P. Kolari, A. Java, and A. Joshi, "Modeling Trust and Influence in the Blogosphere Using Link Polarity", InProceedings, Proceedings of the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2007), March 2007, 4526 downloads, 36 citations.
- T. Finin, L. Ding, and A. Joshi, "Information Integration and the Semantic Web", InProceedings, Notes from the Information Integration Workshop, October 2006, 5655 downloads, 2 citations.
- H. Chen, "An Intelligent Broker Architecture for Pervasive Context-Aware Systems", PhdThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, December 2004, 7061 downloads, 17 citations.
- D. Khushraj, O. Lassila, and T. Finin, "sTuples: Semantic Tuple Spaces", InProceedings, First Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Networking and Services (MobiQuitous’04), August 2004, 2807 downloads, 73 citations.
- D. Khushraj, "Semantic Tuple Spaces: A Coordination", MastersThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, January 2004.
- D. Khushraj, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "Semantic Tuple Spaces: A Coordination Infrastructure in Mobile Environments", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Second International Semantic Web Conference , September 2003, 3 citations.
- T. Finin and A. Joshi, "Agents, Trust, and Information Access on the Semantic Web", Article, SIGMOD Record, December 2002, 1185 downloads.
- L. Kagal, F. Perich, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "A Security Architecture Based on Trust Management for Pervasive Computing Systems", InProceedings, Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing, October 2002, 5332 downloads, 30 citations.
- T. Finin, A. Joshi, L. Kagal, O. V. Ratsimor, S. Avancha, V. Korolev, H. Chen, F. Perich, and R. S. Cost, "Information agents for mobile and embedded devices", Article, International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems, September 2002, 1293 downloads.
- Y. Chen, Y. Peng, Y. K. Labrou, and R. S. Cost, "Negotiating agents for supply chain management", InProceedings, Proceedings of the AAAI Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Electronic Commerce, July 1999, 2672 downloads, 14 citations.
- C. Weir, T. Finin, and R. McEntire, "Unisys: description of the Unisys system used for MUC-3", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 3rd conference on Message understanding (MUC3 '91), May 1991, 115 downloads.
- R. Kass and T. Finin, "The Role of User Models in Cooperative Interactive Systems", Article, International Journal of Intelligent Systems, January 1989, 1298 downloads.
- R. Kass and T. Finin, "The Need for User Models in Generating Expert System Explanations", Article, International Journal of Expert Systems, October 1988, 1197 downloads.
- R. Kass and T. Finin, "Modeling the user in natural language systems", Article, Computational Linguistics , January 1988, 2758 downloads, 126 citations.
- G. Berg-Cross and e., "Semantics and Ontologies For EarthCube", TechReport, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, January 2012, 763 downloads.
- T. Finin, A. Joshi, L. Kagal, J. Niu, R. Sandhu, W. H. Winsborough, and B. Thuraisingham, "Using OWL to Model Role Based Access Control", TechReport, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, February 2008, 2464 downloads.
- A. Kale, P. Kolari, A. Java, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "On Modeling Trust in Social Media using Link Polarity", TechReport, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, May 2007, 3320 downloads.
- C. Parr, J. Sachs, A. Parafiynyk, T. Wang, and R. Espinosa, "ETHAN: the Evolutionary Trees and Natural History Ontology", TechReport, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, November 2006, 4205 downloads, 1 citation.
- ELVIS poster wins award
October 28, 2005
- UMBC Participates in CNSF's 9th Annual Capitol Hill Science Exhibition
June 19, 2003
- Semantic Web Meetup
November 15, 2011
- Context-Aware Middleware for Activity Recognition
May 19, 2011
- Group Centric Information Sharing using Hierarchical Models
May 10, 2011
- Quick and Shallow Introduction to Cloud Computing and Amazon Web Services
September 21, 2010
- Priority Based Conflict Resolution in Multi-User Context Aware Environment
December 8, 2009
- Towards a Policy Infrastructure for Data Sharing to Enable Scientific Research with Privacy Guarantees
October 20, 2009
- Reverse Engineering of RBAC Policy using Access Logs
June 15, 2009
- Virtual Patients as Intelligent Agents
May 8, 2009
- Reverse engineering RBAC policies using ILP
December 2, 2008
- Improved Information Retrieval through Set-Based Preference
April 25, 2008