Context Broker Architecture (CoBrA)
September 1, 2002 - October 1, 2005
Context Broker Architecture (CoBrA) is an agent based architecture for supporting context-aware systems in smart spaces (e.g., intelligent meeting rooms, smart homes, and smart vehicles). Central to this architecture is an intelligent agent called context broker that maintains a shared model of context on the behalf of a community of agents, services, and devices in the space and provides privacy protections for the users in the space by enforcing the policy rules that they define.
- Harry Chen, Part of his PhD disseration research
- H. Chen, "An Intelligent Broker Architecture for Pervasive Context-Aware Systems", PhdThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, December 2004, 7113 downloads, 17 citations.
- H. Chen, T. Finin, A. Joshi, F. Perich, D. Chakraborty, and L. Kagal, "Intelligent Agents Meet the Semantic Web in Smart Spaces", Article, IEEE Internet Computing, November 2004, 5130 downloads, 156 citations.
- H. Chen, F. Perich, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "SOUPA: Standard Ontology for Ubiquitous and Pervasive Applications", InProceedings, International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Networking and Services, August 2004, 11431 downloads, 342 citations.
- H. Chen, F. Perich, D. Chakraborty, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "Intelligent Agents Meet Semantic Web in a Smart Meeting Room", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Third International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents & Multi Agent Systems (AAMAS 2004), July 2004, 5547 downloads, 81 citations.
- H. Chen and A. Joshi, "A Pervasive Computing Ontology for User Privacy Protection in the Context Broker Architecture", TechReport, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, July 2004, 4574 downloads.
- H. Chen and A. Joshi, "Building an Autonomous Broker Agent for Smart Meeting Rooms", InBook, Submitted to Robotics and Autonomous Systems, April 2004.
- H. Chen, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "The SOUPA Ontology for Pervasive Computing", InBook, Ontologies for agents: Theory and experiences, April 2004, 1512 downloads, 70 citations.
- H. Chen, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "A Context Broker for Building Smart Meeting Rooms", Proceedings, Proceedings of the AAAI Symposium on Knowledge Representation and Ontology for Autonomous Systems Symposium, 2004 AAAI Spring Symposium, March 2004, 8887 downloads, 65 citations.
- H. Chen, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "Semantic Web in in the Context Broker Architecture", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Second Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computer and Communications, March 2004, 10774 downloads, 183 citations.
- H. Chen, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "An Intelligent Broker for Context-Aware Systems", Article, Adjunct Proceedings of Ubicomp 2003, October 2003, 3894 downloads, 3 citations.
- H. Chen, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "Semantic Web in a Pervasive Context-Aware Architecture", InProceedings, Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Mobile System, 5th Annual Conf. on Ubiquitous Computing, October 2003, 8043 downloads, 65 citations.
- H. Chen, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "An Ontology for Context-Aware Pervasive Computing Environments", Article, Knowledge Engineering Review (Special Issue on Ontologies for Distributed Systems), September 2003, 7579 downloads, 614 citations.
- H. Chen, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "Using OWL in a Pervasive Computing Broker", Article, Workshop on Ontologies in Agent Systems, AAMAS-2003, July 2003, 3142 downloads, 99 citations.
- H. Chen, "An Intelligent Broker Architecture for Context-Aware Systems", TechReport, PhD Dissertation Proposal, December 2002, 9759 downloads.
- H. Chen and T. Finin, "Beyond Distributed AI, Agent Teamwork in Ubiquitous Computing", Article, Workshop on Ubiquitous Agents on Embedded, Wearable, and Mobile Devices, AAMAS-2002, July 2002, 3039 downloads, 9 citations.
- H. Chen, S. Tolia, C. Sayers, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "Creating Context-Aware Software Agents", Article, First GSFC/JPL Workshop on Radical Agent Concepts, September 2001, 3421 downloads, 30 citations.