- D. Norris, L. Mateczun, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cyberattacks at the Grass Roots: American Local Governments and the Need for High Levels of Cybersecurity", Article, Public Administration Review, February 2019, 45 downloads.
- D. Norris, L. Mateczun, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cybersecurity at the Grassroots: American Local Governments and the Challenges of Internet Security", Article, Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, September 2018.
- J. Sleeman, T. Finin, M. Cane, and M. Halem, "Discovering Scientific Influence using Cross-Domain Dynamic Topic Modeling", InProceedings, IEEE International Conference on Big Data, December 2017, 401 downloads.
- S. Saha, K. P. Joshi, R. Frank, M. Aebig, and J. Lin, "Automated Knowledge Extraction from the Federal Acquisition Regulations System (FARS)", InProceedings, 2nd International Workshop on Enterprise Big Data Semantic and Analytics Modeling at IEEE International Conference on Big Data 2017 , December 2017, 673 downloads.
- S. Saha and K. P. Joshi, "Cognitive Assistance for Automating the Analysis of the Federal Acquisition Regulations System", InProceedings, AAAI Fall Symposium 2017, November 2017, 471 downloads.
- J. Sleeman, "Dynamic Data Assimilation for Topic Modeling (DDATM)", PhdThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, July 2017.
- D. Norris, L. Mateczun, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cybersecurity Challenges to American Local Governments", InProceedings, Proceedings of 17th European Conference on Digital Government , June 2017, 345 downloads.
- J. Sleeman, M. Halem, T. Finin, and M. Cane, "Modeling the Evolution of Climate Change Assessment Research Using Dynamic Topic Models and Cross-Domain Divergence Maps", InProceedings, AAAI Spring Symposium on AI for Social Good, March 2017, 1136 downloads.
- J. Sleeman, M. Halem, T. Finin, and M. Cane, "Advanced Large Scale Cross Domain Temporal Topic Modeling Algorithms to Infer the Influence of Recent Research on IPCC Assessment Reports", InProceedings, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting 2016, December 2016, 931 downloads.
- J. Sleeman, M. Halem, T. Finin, and M. Cane, "Dynamic Topic Modeling to Infer the Influence of Research Citations on IPCC Assessment Reports", InProceedings, Big Data Challenges, Research, and Technologies in the Earth and Planetary Sciences Workshop, IEEE Int. Conf. on Big Data, December 2016, 717 downloads.
- D. Norris, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cybersecurity Challenges to American State and Local Governments", InProceedings, 15th European Conference on eGovernment, June 2015.
- D. Norris, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Cybersecurity Challenges to American State and Local Governments", InProceedings, 15th European Conference on eGovernment, June 2015, 478 downloads.
- R. Lal, "Information Extraction of Security related entities and concepts from unstructured text.", MastersThesis, University of Maryland Baltimore County, May 2013, 1126 downloads.
- A. Joshi, T. Finin, K. P. Joshi, and M. Oberoi, "A Policy Driven Semantic Approach to Data Usage Management", InProceedings, DUMW Workshop in conjunction with WWW 2012, April 2012, 1038 downloads.
- J. Martineau, "Identifying and Isolating Text Classification Signals from Domain and Genre Noise for Sentiment Analysis", PhdThesis, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, December 2011, 1834 downloads.
- V. Mulwad, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "Automatically Generating Government Linked Data from Tables", InCollection, Working notes of AAAI Fall Symposium on Open Government Knowledge: AI Opportunities and Challenges, November 2011, 2561 downloads.
- M. Oberoi, P. Jagtap, A. Joshi, T. Finin, and L. Kagal, "Information Integration and Analysis: A Semantic Approach to Privacy", InProceedings, Proc. Third IEEE International Conference on Information Privacy, Security, Risk and Trust, October 2011, 1198 downloads.
- X. Yan, Y. Peng, and e., "From Ontology Selection and Semantic Web to an Integrated Information System for Food-Borne Diseases and Food Safety", InBook, Software Tools and Algorithms for Biological Systems, January 2009, 1531 downloads.
- L. Kagal, "A Policy-Based Approach to Governing Autonomous Behavior in Distributed Environments", PhdThesis, University of Maryland Baltimore County, September 2004, 10 citations.
- W. Jensen, T. Karygiannis, M. Iorga, S. Gavrila, and V. Korolev, "Security Policy Management for Handheld Devices", InProceedings, Security and Management (SAM'03),, June 2003, 738 downloads.
- S. Saha and K. P. Joshi, "Cognitively Rich Framework to Automate Extraction and Representation of Legal Knowledge", TechReport, March 2018, 48 downloads.
- , " UMBC/ICMA Survey of Local Government Cybersecurity Practices", TechReport, ICMA and UMBC, April 2017, 146 downloads.
- UMBC researchers investigate the Blogosphere
September 5, 2006
- UMBC and IBM collaborate on autonomic computing
February 24, 2005
- UMBC Team Wins Award at Agentcities Agent Technology Competition
February 6, 2003
- Information Extraction of Security related entities and concepts from unstructured text
April 1, 2013
- Privacy and Security in Online Social Media
March 11, 2013
- An architecture for enterprise information interoperability
November 9, 2012
- Information Extraction of Security related entities, concepts and relations from unstructured text
October 22, 2012
- Correlation Aware Optimizations for Analytic Databases
March 9, 2012
- Frontiers of Multi-Core Computing Workshop
September 22, 2010
- Contemporary Approaches to Engineering Artificial General Intelligence
October 31, 2008
- Rediscovering the Passion, Beauty, Joy, and Awe: Making Computing Fun Again
April 24, 2008
- Service-Oriented Computing: Next-Generation Integration of Software Systems
May 11, 2007
- Magic, Mathematics and Masonry
February 22, 2006