- M. L. Mathews, A. Joshi, and T. Finin, "Detecting Botnets Using a Collaborative Situational-aware IDPS", InProceedings, Second International Conference on Information Systems Security and Privacy, February 2016, 794 downloads.
- D. Chinavle, P. Kolari, T. Oates, and T. Finin, "Ensembles in Adversarial Classification for Spam", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, November 2009, 3067 downloads, 1 citation.
- T. Finin, A. Joshi, P. Kolari, A. Java, A. Kale, and A. Karandikar, "The Information ecology of social media and online communities", Article, AI Magazine, September 2008, 5614 downloads, 11 citations.
- P. Kolari, "Spings und Splog", Article, Linux Technical Review, May 2008.
- P. Kolari, "Detecting Spam Blogs: An Adaptive Online Approach", PhdThesis, Ph.D. Dissertation, December 2007, 7084 downloads, 3 citations.
- A. Joshi, T. Finin, A. Java, A. Kale, and P. Kolari, "Web 2.0 Mining: Analyzing Social Media", InProceedings, Proceedings of the NSF Symposium on Next Generation of Data Mining and Cyber-Enabled Discovery for Innovation, October 2007, 4742 downloads, 5 citations.
- P. Kolari, T. Finin, A. Java, and A. Joshi, "Towards Spam Detection at Ping Servers", InProceedings, Proceedings of the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2007), March 2007, 2107 downloads, 5 citations.
- P. Kolari, A. Java, and A. Joshi, "Spam in Blogs and Social Media, Tutorial", InProceedings, ICWSM 2007, March 2007, 2620 downloads, 3 citations.
- A. Java, P. Kolari, T. Finin, A. Joshi, J. Martineau, and J. Mayfield, "The BlogVox Opinion Retrieval System", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Fifteenth Text REtrieval Conference (TREC 2006), February 2007, 3552 downloads, 7 citations.
- A. Java, P. Kolari, T. Finin, J. Mayfield, A. Joshi, and J. Martineau, "BlogVox: Separating Blog Wheat from Blog Chaff", InProceedings, Proceedings of the Workshop on Analytics for Noisy Unstructured Text Data, 20th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-2007), January 2007, 3001 downloads, 8 citations.
- T. Finin, L. Kagal, and D. Olmedilla, "Report on the Models of Trust for the Web Workshop", Article, SIGMOD Record, December 2006, 271 downloads.
- P. Kolari, A. Java, T. Finin, J. Mayfield, A. Joshi, and J. Martineau, "Blog Track Open Task: Spam Blog Classification", InCollection, TREC 2006 Blog Track Notebook, November 2006, 7314 downloads, 11 citations.
- P. Kolari, A. Java, T. Finin, T. Oates, and A. Joshi, "Detecting Spam Blogs: A Machine Learning Approach", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 21st National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2006), July 2006, 10052 downloads, 75 citations.
- P. Kolari, A. Java, and T. Finin, "Characterizing the Splogosphere", InProceedings, Proceedings of the 3rd Annual Workshop on Weblogging Ecosystem: Aggregation, Analysis and Dynamics, 15th World Wid Web Conference, May 2006, 6573 downloads, 84 citations.
- P. Kolari, T. Finin, and A. Joshi, "SVMs for the Blogosphere: Blog Identification and Splog Detection", InProceedings, AAAI Spring Symposium on Computational Approaches to Analysing Weblogs, March 2006, 11739 downloads, 112 citations.
- P. Kolari and A. Java, "Spam Blogs: Ping Servers and Adversaries", TechReport, March 2007.
- A. Java, P. Kolari, T. Finin, and T. Oates, "Modeling the Spread of Influence on the Blogosphere", TechReport, UMBC TR-CS-06-03, March 2006, 10754 downloads, 47 citations.
- Looking back at the ebiquity research group's 2006
January 1, 2007
- UMBC researchers investigate the Blogosphere
September 5, 2006
- Swoogle 2006 released
February 1, 2006
- Welcome to the Splogosphere
December 16, 2005
- Analytics for Detecting Web and Social Media Abuse
March 16, 2012
- Cost-Sensitive Information Acquisition for Prediction
April 21, 2010
- Adversarial Classification: An Ensemble-based approach
April 27, 2009
- Communities in Social Media: An Eyepiece into Context, User Intention and Influence
June 30, 2008
- Detecting Spam Blogs: An Adaptive Online Approach
September 25, 2007
- Detecting spam blogs (beta)
September 24, 2007
- The Multi-Relational Blogosphere: Empirical Characterization and Spam Protection
May 10, 2006
- Modeling the Spread of Influence on the Blogosphere
April 12, 2006